Gabrielle Bisset

Monday, January 24, 2011

My blog

Welcome to my blog!  This is where I plan to discuss my writing. I write in the romance genre, specifically paranormal romance for now.   I have completed my first novel and am currently working on my second.  (Actually, I've written a number of stories, but these are the ones I feel ready to release to the world.) Now it's a matter of which way to go with publishing.  That I haven't decided yet.  But I'm loving the responses I've been getting from readers so far, so I feel very good about this, no matter how I choose to go about publishing my book.

My first book is entitled Stolen Destiny and is a romance that's set in a number of locations but mainly in a small town in New York called New Hope.  I've created a group of characters that would be considered paranormal because they live longer than humans and have mates they're drawn to, in addition to some of them having abilities above and beyond human abilities. 

I first considered writing about vampires because I enjoy them so much, but the idea for these books came to me one night in a dream last year. (I know.  A bit cliched, but it really did happen that way.)  I woke up one morning and felt like I had to write the idea down. I never write anything from my dreams down when I wake up, but this seemed important.  And within weeks, I was deep into the story.  I finished the first book in November, and then I began writing the current one. 

So now I find myself carving out time to write where I thought I had no time before.  It's strange how when you find something you love there is suddenly all the time in the world for it.

1 comments:

Selena said...

Love the look! Angels are perfect considering where your characters come from. Thanks for grabbing a button!

Have a great one!

Selena