Gabrielle Bisset

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Destiny Renewed Update

Another Saturday of writing, but this time I had to do a little research since I decided to provide a flashback to one of my hero's earlier lifetimes.  I have a lot to choose from since Amon's in his 47th lifetime, but I didn't want to go with anything common.  I've already showcased him either in the first book, Stolen Destiny, or his story, Destiny Renewed, in the late Roman Empire and late 18th century England, and made references to his lifetimes as a Viking warrior, Aztec leader, and Greek in the first century B.C.  But this time I chose to give him a lifetime in 16th century Ottoman Empire Turkey. 

The flashback is just a love scene actually, but I decided to put him in the town of Edirne in western Turkey right around the time of the reign of Suleiman the Great (mid 1500s).  So that meant some research into the time period, the area, and the basic goings on around Turkey in those years. 

I knew the time I chose meant the area was still part of the Ottoman Empire, but I had to make sure I had my ideas in order before I went ahead and wrote anything.  I find this type of research for stories to be a bunch of fun.  I've had an interest in this part of the world for a while, and as much as I'd like to write an entire story based on that area, particularly during Ottoman times, for now I'll settle for a flashback with some steamy sex. 

Hope your Saturday was as much fun as mine!

Gabrielle

0 comments: