Gabrielle Bisset

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Author Blog Hop

Found a new blog hop for authors, so I thought I'd try it since I enjoy meeting new people and others who are busy pursuing their writing dreams.  This one is called the Author Blog Hop and it's hosted by Sassy Brit at Alternative Read.com.  Each week they pose a question, and authors post their answers.  Then everyone hops along!

This week's question:  What software and applications help you write your masterpieces?  What do you wish you could afford?  What do you regret buying?  And what ebook reader do you use?  Why?

I hand write everything I write first (yes!  I actually do. :), so I don't use any special software at all.  Pen and paper.  That's it.  When I go to type out the manuscript, I simply use Microsoft Word.  Easy peasy.  I haven't seen anything that I wish I could have, although I do admit I would like to be able to manipulate graphics with a program specially made for that, but that has little to do with actual writing the masterpiece and more to do with playing with the blog where I focus on my writing.  :)

I use a Kindle and love it!  Only one thing is wrong with it:  it doesn't give page numbers.  I still don't understand that idea, but I still love my Kindle. 

Happy hopping!



12 comments:

Viviane Brentanos said...

Nice to see you here. Welcome to the Blog Hop

Anonymous said...

I used to write everything out in pencil and notebook. I've been writing mostly short stories lately directly into a Word document. I think for anything longer, it will be a combination of both.

Unknown said...

Thanks Viviane!

Dianne, I wish I could write directly onto a computer. It would save so much time! :) Thanks for stopping by!

Angelika Devlyn said...

Hi Gabrielle!

So glad you could join us. Lovely to meet you.

Thanks for commenting on my blog. I should have said, that Scrivener is also available for a PC. Apparently, it's not so good, but give them time, they're always working to improve what they produce!

By the way, I do write most of mine by hand, too! :) First.

Catch you soon!

Angelika Devlyn said...

Sorry might have posted twice, my firewall, (newly installed) is preventing me from posting... so I turned it off - not exactly the right idea lol but it worked lol

Megan Johns said...

Pen and paper is my first option, too. Yes, it would save time to work directly on a computer, but it doesn't feel so natural to me as writing longhand

Lawna Mackie said...

It's nice to see another person who likes to write on paper then type it out!

There is hope, because there is a special pen out there that dumps what you write into Word! I really want one.

Lawna Mackie
www.lawnamackie.ca

Larion aka Larriane Wills said...

this is my first visit to your blog, and it is very nicely done. And, we're kindred spirits. I also write the first draft with pen and paper, sometimes the second, then I go to the computer and Word. Like you say, easy, especially compared to a typewriter. No more white out.

Unknown said...

Angelika: I'll have to check out Scrivener for PC's when they get the bugs worked out. It sounds perfect!

Megan: Love the pen and paper! And it's so cool to find all you guys who also do.

Lawna: Is this pen a real thing because if it is, I may need to seriously look into it!

Larion: Again, love to hear from another pen and paper writer. Thanks everyone for stopping by!

Cate Masters said...

I like to write longhand sometimes too. The entire feel of writing is different when the ink flows on the paper. And it's also handy for times when I'm away from the computer. :)

Unknown said...

I'm always amazed at authors who write things out in longhand. Why? Don't get it. I don't even write checks anymore. If I can't do it on the computer, it doesn't get done...except house cleaning of course. BTW, Welcome to the Blog Hop. Good to see you here.

Unknown said...

It's the feel of paper and pen. For me, computers are too sterile. I guess I'm just old school. LOL

Thanks for coming by!