Gabrielle Bisset

Monday, April 4, 2011

Listen To Your Mother

When I was a younger, my mother used to always say, "You're better than that. Rise above it."  It could mean anything, but usually it meant the petty nonsense that comes along with adolescence.  It's been a long time since I had to think that to myself, but today I had to.  Sometimes you just have to leave it by the side of the road.  Yes, I will still tilt at windmills and believe that what people promote is what they should be, but the reality is that this is not always the case.  Does it piss me off?  Hell, yeah!  But is it worth the time to write an email explaining how much what happened is unacceptable?  No.

So tonight, I repeat the mantra my mother used to always say to me and hope that my Don Quixote impersonation is a very temporary thing, as I strive to remember that what we put out into the universe comes back to us.

4 comments:

Pamela Mason said...

I hope everything works out for you.

Elizabeth Sharp said...

Sometimes rising above it is the hardest thing anyone can do and I admire anyone who does it...

Unknown said...

Thanks guys! As with many things in life, it was irritating at the time, but after a good night's sleep, perspective has returned. :)

Steph from fangswandsandfairydust.com said...

I am an artistic diva and often fail to rise above it especially since nearly all my work is volunteer and people seem to have no problems taking advantage of me. On the other hand I am less that way without reason. Since 9/11 especially I try to be less of an ass. I even ave some social cards that say "life is short, be nice." And, I try to counter my evilness by being helpful the rest of the time.
Old follower stopping on the 18+ tag along