Gabrielle Bisset

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Author Jennifer Labelle Guest Post

I'm happy to welcome to my blog today author Jennifer Labelle.  She's here to talk about something everyone wishes they had at least once in their life--a second chance. Make sure to read the excerpt from her new book Second Chance Love at the end of the post too!

Second Chances,
Do over’s, we’ve all wished for them, right? The one moment to get a second chance to make whatever it is right, well today I’m going to talk about the “if only’s” we all seek time and again in light of one of my new releases Second Chance Love.

Blurb:
Goody, goody Teegan Hallowell was tired of being teased for following the rules. So, when her brother’s sexy friend shows an interest, she rebels, and learns all about the good kind of bad.

Now ten years later, Teegan returns home to escape a horrible mistake, but wonders if she’s made an even bigger one by returning. There was a reason she left Digby, when her dreams shattered and the man she loved betrayed her. So when she realizes she’s still in love with him, matters become complicated when he reveals her reason for leaving him was all in vain.

Liam Bates has every intention of loving Teegan again, but she’s had it rough and he needs to rebuild her trust.  The spark is still there, and as they explore what once was, their love is tested when Teegan disappears, and Liam will stop at nothing until he finds her again. 

This story came to me from a conversation I had with my sister. Our mother passed away when we were very young and we were reminiscing in memories in this particular conversation.

You see my mother’s main flaw seemed to be her taste in men. From my “Father” the sperm donor to the other man who ended it all for her and it got me thinking about my perfect guy, about the type of guy I wished she or anyone else deserved to have including myself.

It was then Liam was born. I guess you can say he’s one of the many heroes of my imagination. I actually took a lot of my husband’s character traits when he was created so I guess bad taste in men isn’t necessarily a hereditary trait and I lucked out. Anyway, I guess what I’m trying to say is that he was one of my many “if only’s.” The man my father should have been, the man she could have had, the man I’d like to think any woman would want, and now I’m sharing him with all of you.

So I truly hope you enjoy this amazing love story about one woman torn, one man ready to pick up the pieces and prove his love, and a second chance given to make it all right.

Is it possible to find the love of your life when you’re eighteen?

In Second Chance Love, Teegan Hallowell is about to find out.

Now available in both e-book and print, I hope you’ll get your copy today!

I’d like to thank everyone for stopping by to read this post while I guest blog on this site. If you’d like to learn more about me or my work I can be reached through my website: http://www.jenniferlabelle.com , I’m on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Author-Jennifer-Labelle/168414043184292#!/

Excerpt:
Jagged rocks aligned across the coastline. The moist salty air was refreshing, and the tide slowly rose against the Fundy Shore. It was good to be home again. Teegan sat on the fallen tree trunk, and tried to capture the beauty of the scenery with her sketch pad.
She hadn’t been there in years and the beauty of it still captivated her. This secluded patch of beach once belonged to Liam’s family and she wondered if it still did. Seeing Liam again brought so much back to her, that she just needed a place to unwind, and some of her most precious memories belonged right where she was.
Smiling, she turned up her iPod and sang along to the lyrics of Shinedown’s Breaking Inside, relating to the lyrics. Subconsciously, she ended up adding a boy and his father fishing right where she sat into the picture. Liam! Why can’t I seem to let you go? Sighing, she almost fell off the log and into the water. Her heart raced, and adrenaline pumped as she wondered who in the Lord’s name snuck up on her like that.
Large arms wrapped around her, pulling her close as his heat enveloped her senses. He was the one man in the entire world who could make her weak in the knees by just being in close proximity to her. The one man she was trying to avoid. Too afraid of her emotions. Oh Lord, he smells so good. Get it together, Teeg. You don’t even know him anymore.
“Liam?” She sounded breathless and winced turning away. She could not let him see how he affected her, could not risk losing her heart again. It hurt too much.
“Hasn’t anyone ever told you not to sneak up on someone like that? Geez, you just about gave me a heart attack not to mention an unwanted swim.” Placing a hand to her heart she turned to face him again only to have the urge to smother his smile with her lips. He was beautiful, and she missed the taste of him.
“It’s good to see you too.” He chuckled, “And there is no way I would have let you fall in. Hasn’t anyone ever told you that this is private property?”
She could tell by the glint in his eye he was only teasing, and she hated how easily he could make her smile. As if, she was eighteen all over again. “Ya, but you see, I used to know one of the owners of said property very well. I have many fond memories here, and I just had to see if it was as remarkable as I remembered it.”
“Well is it?” His face turned serious as he closed the distance between them.
With his closeness distracting her she whispered, “Is it what?”
Before she knew it his head was lowering and her breathing turned rapid. Be careful what you wish for. She could feel his breath against her and all she could think about was the taste of his lips on hers. Soft, plump, and delectable...

Best wishes,
~Author Jennifer Labelle~
http://www.jenniferlabelle.com







1 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for stopping over! Your book looks great. :)