Gabrielle Bisset

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Blood Betrayed So Far...

Thanks to a terrific schedule this semester, I've had far more time to devote to writing, which is fantastic.  If the work gods smile on me, I'll have even more time for the fall.  (More on that if it happens.  Keep fingers crossed.)  In addition to most nights, two days during the week I can devote to writing, and of course, all day Saturday is a given in that department.

Last night I wrote a scene between Vasilije and Saint, and I love how those two work off each other.  Vasilije is so smooth and almost smug at times with Saint.  There's almost a brother dynamic to their banter, and as easily as Vasilije's words come out of my pen, Saint's flow even nicer.  Smooth is great, but I love writing a smart ass.  :) 

In addition, I've enjoyed creating Saint's relationship with Solenne.  While my female leads are never tender flower types,  none have ever been as strong as Solenne.  I'm not a huge fan of super-tough heroines.  They tend to get in the way of what the hero needs to do.  I can't tell you how often I've wanted to throw a book across the room (or throw my Kindle across the room) because some female character is in the way of what the hero should be doing or adding to his problems by doing stupid things.  So I've been very careful to make Solenne the kind of strong that complements Saint instead of hindering him.

Following up Vasilije has been a real challenge for me, but I think readers will enjoy Saint's darkness in Blood Betrayed.  I do love me a tortured soul!  And I get to introduce more focal points in the vampire world I'm creating.  The Archons are far more involved in this story, and the prophecy the Sons need to figure out is beginning to be revealed to readers. 

I'm still looking at a May release for Blood Betrayed.  Depending on how the action flows now that things are coming together in the story, it may be an early May release, though.  Then it's on to Blood Spirit, which I'm still planning to release in the fall, but I might sneak in a summertime novella before I jump into the third book in the Sons series.  I'll have to see what I can fit in, but the trilogy of novellas I planned out a few months ago is still waiting. 

Keep checking back for more on Saint and Blood Betrayed. I'll be posting snippets in the upcoming months as things draw to the end. And, of course, I'll be sure to give readers a sneak peak of the sexy side of the book!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am anxiously awaiting this one just as much as I was itching to start Blood Avenged. Which I am now forty percent done with. And Wow! Does Vasilije have a strong sexual lure or what!

Here's to hoping you get that Fall time!

When the hero is the strong focal point of the story I like it when he is paired with a heroine that is not a push over, but more on the softer side. Strong enough to deal with whatever crap the hero thinks he can deal her, take the 'world' the hero lives in without having a melt down, but also know when to tell the hero to shove it when need be. (sorry for the french :-))

Now, when the heroine is the focal point of the story, for me she has to be strong enough to handle what is coming her way without out shining the hero. She has to be soft also and hero still has to be alpha. It's a fine line between the two, huh! :-)

Unknown said...

I agree. My books in the Sons of Navarus series and Destined Ones series feature the male prominently, so the females tend to be not of the kickass variety. I tend to shy away from writing those heroines because for whatever reason, they just don't come naturally. Solenne is as close as I've ever gotten to that type of character, but I have to admit she's flowed pretty easily. Now Saint....he's been more a devil than anything else lately. ;) Thank God I love him!

Avadonja said...

It's awesome when the writing just feels right, not forced. Sometime the scene goes so well I'd almost believe a muse was working through me. It's exhilarating, really.

Megan@Riverina Romantics said...

Stop! Hands in the air! Slowly put the Kindle on the floor!

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by, Avadonja! I love when things flow. That's when it's great!

LOL, Megan! I don't often throw the Kindle, but I want to sometimes....:D