Gabrielle Bisset

Monday, February 13, 2012

Romance For The Ears and Soul

Fellow historical romance author Natasha Blackthorne blogged about her favorite romance song today, and this made me think what my fav romance songs are.  I have a few, so I thought I'd share them. They aren't necessarily sweet or sappy (I'm not either), but they speak to me when I think about what love is--powerful, sexy, thrilling, messy, sad, and something that can shake you to your core. If you've read my books, now you know why my characters are the way they are.

First up, the lady who brought down the house last night at the Grammys--Adele with Rolling In The Deep.  Throat surgery?  You'd never know.  Her voice is so incredible. I can still remember the first time I heard this song.  I thought, "Wow..." Then when she sang it last night, I was blown away. 





Since I'm of a certain age, Bad Company's Feel Like Makin' Love is definitely on the list.  I love how the music builds higher and higher as if the song mimics the movement of two people making love.  Good stuff!





Next is U2 and Mary J. Blige with One.  The original was great, but Mary takes this song into the stratosphere. 





And last, but certainly not least, there's I Will Always Love You from the late Whitney Houston.  I've never been a Kevin Costner fan (except for JFK), but I can watch this film over and over knowing I get to listen to this song.  R.I.P Whitney.





1 comments:

Deb PelletierC said...

I just love Adele,Rolling in the deep, Someone like you and Fire in the rain . Happy Valentine's Hop. Deb P
r.d1@myfairpoint.net