Gabrielle Bisset

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th and #WIP Wednesday

Happy Independence Day to all my American friends out there! I've always loved the 4th of July.  My father and I shared a birthday on July 7, and when I was a little girl, my uncle would come to our house and celebrate with us because his birthday was on the 5th. Very silly confession:  When I was a little girl, I thought the fireworks that would go off for the holiday were for all of us celebrating our birthdays!

Even now, I don't just celebrate on the 7th but for an entire week. I call it my birthweek. LOL  My kids tease me that I'm only supposed to get one day like everyone else, and I tell them, "Not for July babies."

I've got a new July baby coming this weekend. Vampire Dreams Revamped is scheduled for release on July 8, and this author mama couldn't be happier.  A remake of my novella Vampire Dreams, this book is longer and even hotter, with more Brandon, Arden, and Vasilije, and even cameo appearances by two of the other Sons of Navarus. Unlike the original, this book is set up as a prequel to the Sons of Navarus series. 

As I've said before, I always wanted to do more with Brandon and Arden's story, and now that I've had the opportunity to, I'm so happy with the results. Brandon is a sweetheart of a character, unlike his sire, and Arden is so much more than she was in the original.  And Vasilije? Well, my editor made the comment when she sent me the edits, "He's even sexier than he was before."  She loves bad boys, though. ;)

Be sure to come back tomorrow for the Cocked and Loaded Giveaway Hop. Since it's my birthweek, I'll be celebrating with a cool prize. And if you feel like giving me a birthday present, a like on my Amazon author page, my books' pages there, or a review of one of my books you loved on Amazon or Barnes and Noble would be so appreciated.

And happy birthday, America!  No matter what, you still look great at 200-something. I'll be sharing my fireworks with you later. :)

0 comments: